House Sitting Tips & Resources
Live in beautiful locations for free.
My House sitting journey .
I have been a full time house sitter for years. House sitting all over Melbourne , Australia and country Victoria & NSW. These days I house sit when I travel, it’s a great way to base yourself , without the the expense of accommodation I can run my business where ever I am and have the pleasure of the location and the company of the animals.
Getting Started in House Sitting
If you’re interested in trying house sitting for the first time, here are some tips and advice:
1. Start small: Consider doing a few shorter house sits for friends or family members to gain experience and references. This helps a lot.
2. Build a good reputation: Be reliable, respectful, and communicative with the homeowners. Make sure to follow their instructions and take care of their property and pets as if they were your own.
3. Get a police check: A current police check can help you demonstrate your trustworthiness to homeowners.
4. Create a house sitting profile: Consider creating a profile on a reputable house sitting website or platform to showcase your experience and references. I use and recommend Aussie House Sitters They have been brilliant and I have enjoyed some great house sits, from this site.The other site worth checking out is House Sit Match. I haven’t used them yet, however I plan to, when I start doing some more travelling.
5. Be flexible: Consider being open to different locations and types of house sits to increase your chances of finding opportunities.
6. Communicate effectively: Make sure to ask questions and clarify expectations with the homeowners before and during the house sit. Its a good idea to make a list of questions to ask.
7. A love of animals is important as you are there to take care of the pets: Make sure to provide them with the care and attention they need, including feeding, walking, and playing with them. It can be a lot of fun, getting to know the animals.
Overall, house sitting can be a great way to travel and experience new places while also helping homeowners take care of their property and pets. Just remember to be responsible, respectful, and communicative, and you’ll likely have a great experience.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
As an affiliate, I only promote products that I believe will provide value to my readers. I am not compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites, and various other topics.
The views and opinions expressed on this website are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
Thank you for supporting my site by using the affiliate links.